I wish I could slow down…way down. But it’s not my nature. I like moving rapidly, but that speed leads me to do things that aren’t, well, great.
And here’s an example:
1. A few months ago, I changed my email address on my website.
2. I was wondering why I wasn’t hearing from anybody. (for crying out loud it is booking season and I hadn’t heard from anyone.)
3. I started questioning my work value.–not a place I like to go.
1. A client reached out to me because she hadn’t heard back from me.
2. So I called my web designer and she sent me the email where I requested the changes, and that’s where I saw I’d given her the wrong email.
It was hard to see the mistake was mine.
I struggle with perfectionism and this is a prime example of how it rears its ugly head and bites me in the ass.
I reached out to a friend who helped me laugh about it and that made all the difference in the world.
It dawned on me if I’m not nice to myself who will be?
I thought I would share some of my private self portraits that reflect my struggles with perfectionism.
Louisville, Lafayette, Boulder and Denver Colorado photography.
2 thoughts on “Learning to be kind and loving to myself.”
Amazing work Beth! So beautiful and creative dealing with tough emotional content – very moving. Thanks for sharing xo
Beth, thanks for sharing these intimate pieces and for allowing yourself to be vulnerable. These are truly beautiful and intriguing. ❤️